So, what is an Electronic Field Record?
By Alex Hadorn, Farmobile Product Manager
. . .
The problem with the agronomic and machine data being collected, today, by precision ag machines is – they all speak a different language. In order to actually put data to work in your software, it must be standardized in a format you can use.
Ask any agronomist. That takes work. Farmobile, however, eliminates the hassle.
The Farmobile DataEngine platform automatically organizes PUC-collected data into Electronic Field Records (EFRs). EFRs help users collect, organize, analyze, share and even monetize all of their agronomic activity within field boundaries.
With Farmobile EFRs, you’ll never again leave data in the cab. And you can view it in one place.
How EFRs are created
Each night, Farmobile automatically organizes users’ agronomic data geospatially within field boundaries. This removes previous dependencies on manually using a flash drive.
EFR data is then organized for each field creating a consistent view of field-based data for your entire operation by activity. This process seamlessly occurs across multiple equipment makes and models allowing a single source of truth – all organized by your farms and fields.
Once organized, your EFR data is always securely available to view, share and download – any time, any place.
Adding value to EFRs
The following Farmobile DataEngine features help you analyze and share EFR data:
- Heatmaps: View EFRs and your performance for each field by accessing heatmaps with multiple, adjustable agronomic attributes.
- Split Map View: Compare key attributes from the same EFR, or two EFRs from the same crop cycle. Here are just a few examples of the information at your fingertips:
- Side by side comparisons of your harvest yield and moisture maps.
- Side by side comparisons of your planting population and harvest yield maps.
- Side by side comparisons of harvest yields from multiple years to track trending performances.
- Data Exports: Export your EFRs as aggregate or point-by-point data files at the field, farm or grower levels to share with your trusted advisors. EFR data can be exported as .csv, .shp or .geoJSON files.
EFRs and a new revenue source
EFR data is also eligible for monetization once data is certified and licensed for use in the Farmobile DataStore – the first–ever, data exchange platform for farmers. The certification process, available through the Farmobile DataEngine, allows you to confirm and update key agronomic attributes for each activity type ensuring that your data is accurate and complete. Only certified data is eligible to be listed and licensed for Farmobile DataStore revenue opportunities.
EFRs are one of Farmobile’s distinct advantages. You can always consistently access your EFR data for full-season results for as-applied, as-planted and as-harvested – any time, any place.
. . .
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Alex Hadorn, Farmobile product manager, joined the team in November 2017. With an attention to detail, Alex played a vital role in the release of Farmobile DataEngine℠ platform and created support materials and training videos to help farmers and resellers use the new features.